But, is it nothing to know when you are dying, when you are about to take leave of this world, of its joys and sorrows, when the past of your life is unfurled before you, when eternity opens wide its portals, is it nothing to know at that last awful,supreme moment of your lives, that you have not lived in vain, that you have lived for the benefit of others, that you have lived to help in the cause of your country's regeneration?

-Surendranath Banerjea

Monday, August 3, 2009

Do i ace the test?

Oxford Advanced Learner's Dictionary defines the word Sabbatical as a period of time when somebody, is allowed to stop their normal work in order to study or travel..so i doubt if that would justifiably describe my absence from the virtual world..Still,i was on a sabbatical..Just like i'm nocturnal,just like i'm a veggie,I'm a 24*7 online junkie..and my existence is so entwined with being online that a state of being aloof from net is vexatious..yet,i endured the pain of parting.. :D..reason,being a bit hilariously stigmatic,i stay reticent..

So i missed a hell lot of posts,which i'm trying trying n trying to patch up,still remains painfully long.. :D,so i apologize to some of my friends here if they missed my comments,just like akh,shibin,n srm felt fb was no fun without me :D..

When i'm back,i'm greeted with ZB tacitly avoiding me from the list of people he officially tags.. x-( ..hark!!But owing to the fact that i'm running out of topics to spit here,i shamelessly decide to take up the tag which is not fully unsolicited,since i'm mentioned somewhere in the footnote or nail-note,as a friend puts it..

Not that i'm a tag freak,.i guess ramya and amrit noticed my apologies firsthand,for i'd promised to take up their tags,and yet couldnt live upto my word..I would..insha allah! But this one was interesting,especially,with the help of one of the best inventions ever known to man,the Google..I'd always wondered how my life would have been without it..I'm and would always be grateful to Larry Page and Sergey Brin,the masterbrains..

Creativity is something which i'm devoid of..but ironically,this is a creativity test..
1. What is your name: Gayathri,undoubtedly..which some fools manipulate as GAY3 :P

2. A four Letter Word: Geek..despite being a consistent and comfortable back bencher,despite having struggled my bum off to cross the min internals in ac and de labs,Mr.Nice still pampers me with this word :D

3. A boy's Name: George (Clooney it is!!)..boy,i fall in love with him over n over again,everytime i hear Danny Ocean say,'I knew what i was doing'!

4. A girl's Name: Gandhari..the character i've truly admired and adored in mahabharata for her selflessness and sacrifice..

5. An occupation:Gynecologist,the one who we are all grateful to,for delivering us out safely..

6. A colour: Green,colour of prosperity.. shyam sundara kera kedara bhoomi..The colour of God's Own Country..

7. Something you wear: Gloves,it need not be necessarily a dress that u wear right..

8. A food: Garlic Bread..whoaa..i love garlic.. :D

9. Something found in the bathroom: Gel,hairgel i mean..if not mine,my bro's..yeah he's finally sassy..

10. A place: Germany,the land of Hitler!!

11. A reason for being late: Got up late would be my reply,whereas guests would be my mom's.. :D

12. Something you shout: Get lost and go to hell!..irreplaceable!!

13. A movie title: Good night and Good Luck..yeah,i love anything n everything of Clooney :D

14. Something you drink: Guinness..not me of course..

15. A musical group: Greenday,..i dislike that band though.. :|

16. An animal: Gorilla

17. A street name: Gandhi Nagar,2nd Street!! Mohanlal rocks!!

18. A type of car: Gallardo Cesam,Lamborghini

19. Something scary: Ghost!!!

20. Ice cream flavour: Guava Icecream..wiki answers,..i seriously have no ice cream savvy..

I'm done!!
Whichever poor innocent soul finds this tag interesting,may take it voluntarily..It would be more than welcome.. :D

Khuda Hafiz
~Gayathri~

15 comments:

Dhanya said...

Guava ice cream? Seriously? :P But I guess nothing "yummy" starts with a G... heheheh

Durga Nandan said...

jobless creature! makes up posts for the heck of it! :P

Onward said...

Lalettan rox indeed :D :D...u couldnt come up with something other than guiness?? not even guava juice?:P...now tats something u r likely to drink u Geek :P

And oye u r also called G3 by urs truly here :D

luv
amith

AnjuGandhi said...

welcome back
so much to know about you. this post was definately very informative.
thanx for sharing
and i liked the breaking up of your name GAY 3 hahaahaah

HaRy!! said...

Hello G.. yeah i do agree, as i did not see yur comments on my blog for a while :)and i did tag yu lol! :), wow i luv Greenday as well...anyways welcome back ..ahem ahem !

H a R y

Anonymous said...

i like mohanlal better than mamooty.
well, gaya3 can also do right? gaya - for cow :-P
You eat galric... GARLIC...i'm not allwed to eat garlic since I am small...so started hating even its smell!
Geek! Misunderstood? Oh... same here! Dunno why the heck!

ZB said...

WHAT, iam a fool? I have stopped calling you Gay3.G3.

Hum so you are on a sabbatical? Sabbat means a break in Arabic too.
My my, your first paragraph has all the words from the oxford university dictionary. it has left me *reticent*.:)))

Now what on earth is tag freak? I guess its a new species of FREAK:)))

BTW, its nice to see you use Convoluted synonyms, it has brushed my vocabulary a lot. :))))

Amrit said...

No need for apologies Gayathri. Please take up the tag as and when you feel like :)

But this tag did shell loads of info about you..

BTW..guava flavor ice-cream...I never tasted one!! And i also find GAY3 a good name. :)

And yes...we have not yet concluded on our arguments...so you have not won yet :)

Gayathri said...

@Dhanya,yeah seriously..i knew you would doubt :P..check the link :P
Grapes start with G :P..

@Durga,but a lot better than you..at least i dont put up a post on my nick names!! :P

Gayathri said...

@Amith,sheay,i used to spell ur name wrongly,i.e amiT!! :P apologies :D
and,yeah me too a die hard fan of Lalettan :)..
Guava juice..huh!! U didnt rem grape juice kya???and guiness,i just finished reading 'Honour Among The Thieves',Jeffrey Archer..and in that a guy does anything for a shot of guiness,and i was stuck in that hang over :D

Gayathri said...

@Anju,yeah i know i know..everyone likes to break my name that way.. :D

@Hary,yeah i missed a couple of posts,which i read yday :D..
and tag,i would..insha allah! :P

Gayathri said...

@Ramya,yeah,even my 7yr old cousin calls me 'gay' :( ..and gaya 3 was my name at school..
and geek,..hehe..'geek','nerd','dork' are all the hailing terms :D

@ZB,i was kidding :P i guess you don't chat much?or rather,dont use much smileys eh??!!!!
'Tag freak!!' newly identified genre :D

Gayathri said...

@Amrit,i wonder what kinda info i gave u all abt me in this post!!;)
well..guava flavour,i havent tasted either..but wiki says,such a thing exists :D

The M said...

take a break babe..does all ur answers comes with a 15 marks essay??? :-)

Calicut Univ hangovers???

Guiness??? Hmmmm

Plus, I would hav preffered Gulab Jamun wid Ice cream!!! Gauva Ice Cream (Yuck)

NG said...

girll...i think u have a great way with words...