But, is it nothing to know when you are dying, when you are about to take leave of this world, of its joys and sorrows, when the past of your life is unfurled before you, when eternity opens wide its portals, is it nothing to know at that last awful,supreme moment of your lives, that you have not lived in vain, that you have lived for the benefit of others, that you have lived to help in the cause of your country's regeneration?

-Surendranath Banerjea

Friday, June 5, 2009

Exams in the Air..

"Man,is there something terribly wrong?? I mean, 3 out of the recent 4 posts were romance-related.Are you obsessed in romance or some 'prince charming',or you joined the losers' league??"

When I received such an sms from a close friend,i couldn't really blame him,for he was partly right,coz the posts were all related..anyway,it had nothing to do with me..just random observations and bitching..

Enough of paradooshanam..
Lemme get back to 'my life'..
Whats been happening at my end???
Yeah,..
Monster Dragon strikes again after long six months of dormancy..
The only difference being,this time the monster gave more than enough time to be prepared for a retaliation..this being the final sem and classes having ended ages back..

Lemme enlighten all those holy souls who are ignorant about the great heritage and tradition of my university..
If it was sheer luck when a guy passed all the papers in a sem exam without even having appeared for one,it was catastrophic when a stud girl had her results witheld and later found her papers missing from the uni(seems it was fed to some cattle!)..no idea what happened next though!

When the classes travel in Ferrari F1 to reach the destination,theory exams come in horse-cart,and lab exams rely on a snail.. by the time we are done with all those,the results of the previous sem would be out..

After all those pain-staking efforts to learn the whole so called 'important and recurrent' topics,the profs would find them interesting not anymore..and we would be awfully awestruck at the exam-hole,oops hall!

Just as some fwd sms says,."Brain is the most outstanding object in nature.It functions 24hrs,365days,right from the day we are born,and stops only when we enter the exam hall!"
How true..
With the brain lobes serving the academics being numbed,the artistic and creative ones reach out for aid and serve the purpose with highly imaginative and creatively elated answers appearing in the answer sheet abiding by the rule of the thumb,'the more you write,the more you score!'

Enough of preface,..
So thats it about the university and the exams..

With my final sem having ended a couple of months back,i was redefining and inventing different meanings for the term 'joblessness' when my exam schedule was suddenly published out of nowhere..
What should i have done?
Either jolt myself straight into studies..
Or relax for a while for the reality to sink in and start studying gradually..
Anyway,i chose neither of the extremes,and ended up touching and caressing my books for a good one week when at last i decided to start studying seriously..

Exam time is quite weird at my end..
With my nocturnal self surfacing strongly,every day would begin with my dad's hollers..
My room being all shabby with photocopies of all those text books lying here and there,..some on the table,some on the bed..(what would i have done but for the invention of the great photocopier!)
PC running 24*7 as a jukebox with some rock playing constantly,just to abstain me from a slumber..and an active gtalk window with frequently changing status msgs..
With the newspaper left untouched for ages,I would rather stay isolated from the rest of the world during the entire period..
(You may not believe if i said that i had no idea abt the racist attacks in Aus,until someone put a related status,lol..)

So exams is in the air again..
Sometimes sweet,if u ask me for it keeps me busy..
Sometimes sour,for i can't be relaxed..
Sometimes bitter,for i have no escape from it's clutches until it decides to relent on its own..

Khuda Hafiz
~Gayathri~

20 comments:

ANAND said...

deemed university can also sck my dear...trust me...ive been der :)

ZB said...

i wish i could give you some quality tips on exams and studying. I am sure my life would inspire you in great deal, AHEM. I did my engineering(mech) from REC (NIT) and never ever studied, except for records or projects.same with MBA.

My dad used to literally curse me, saying 'mark my words, you would suffer for all this in future'. but i enjoyed, had all those things that comes with campus life.

I even went for Mission impossible- 2(MI2) just a day before my most important theory exam.

Have fun, dont take exams so seriously, use your creativity in exams too. my brain stops working everytime i want it to work. so i have let it work on its own, and now it works fine. Not the BEST of advice, i know, but this is all i can give you.

Dhanya said...

best of luck dear! :)

Anonymous said...

hah! Liked the point of photocopies being all over! my mother used to make such a big deal out of my books being in the main hall during exams! It was my dad who told her that its fine because it should feel like an 'exam' home!
anyways, best of luck!
I enjoyed this post a lot. One of your best posts :-)

AnjuGandhi said...

i am having the same scene at my place. My son is busy with his exams and need i say more about it. same xerox versions flying every where, continous phone calls, discussions on the phones an parents getting panicky. it is the same story every where.
but this is fun . I miss my college days and exams times and the tensions which are part and parcel of this

The M said...

hmmm...
i now know the univ is to be blamed for ur high percentage n my low ones. :-)

DPhatsez said...

paradooshanam parayuvalla but
'All the best' :)

Me too essam fever. Will recover on 16th! Keep the posts coming once done.
I am the 'following' you!

Ninoy said...

its good to sleep with books around .. pazhaya aetho thamasha illae... chelappam anganae thalayil kayariyengilo... remote transfer

Onward said...

Final sem examss....always tough...not the studying part...but the time we spent thinking about how everything will be so different after it gets over. :D.

Lemme guess..U follow the calicut university rite? coz the cattle fed exam paper is a common statement when it comes to CU.

Your seems sounds so much like mine...the 24 x 7 music..photostats everywhere..all thats missing is the TV on full blast...;-)..i still wonder how i managed to finish engineering..:)

anyways study hard..and do well

luv
amith

Thousif Raza said...

well best of luck for ur xams yaar, now i know why there was no comment in my blog,

study well and make us all proud k,

take care and keep writing......

Veda said...

Your post sounded almost universal...all our plights are similiar :d

enjoy the creative spurts of creativity that pop up during exams..they die once ur jobless!murphey's law at its best i presume :D

G'luck btw! Kick ASS!!

Gayathri said...

@Anand,it's at least prompt!you are already an engr,and i'm yet to graduate!!

@Zillionbog,LOL..happens here too,..in s4,i had a ckt paper,i knew the waveforms and not the working,and at last i invented the working!! by god's grace i passed the paper!

Gayathri said...

@Dhanya,thank you :)

@Ramya,thanks dear,..here my room is a no-entry one to anyone but me..so no probs abt someone ranting!

@Anju,oops,i forgot to mention the fone call part,..that's another of those wonderful inventions during exam days :P

Gayathri said...

@Manish,don't read between the lines man!!!

@Arun,he he..esams fever!!

@Ninoy,expert advice..lol..will try :)

Gayathri said...

@Amith,Yo man!!the same calicut university..!!!!and yeah,sturying for the last exam was the hardest,..was thinking thinking and thinking abt when i'll meet my frnds next!!

@Thousif,..maaf ki jiye yaar..i was busy,so couldnt drop by.. :)

Gayathri said...

@veda,..yeah let the die roll..
thanks :)

Amrit said...

Amazing template!

My first comment here. You write amazigly well. I have to dig into your older posts as well! Will start it soon.

So you are an to-be-engineer! Good luck for your exams!

And yes, your questions have been answered. Check them out!

Unknown said...

going through the same phase.. nicely put

Gayathri said...

@Amrit,thanks a lot man,:)
and yeah i saw the answers..will let u mine there!

@Tiger,best of luck :) and thanks for dropping by :)

Amrit said...

Gayathri,

Saw your further thoughts...I must say you love debating! :) Isn't it?! No offence Lady! :)

You take discussion heads-on! Liked your opinions.
So we continue...right?!

By the way...update on the exams??